Cheap Family Days out in Essex
Thinking of taking the kids out soon but don’t have much money to play with? Then don’t look any further than Barleylands Farm Park and The Village, as cheap family days out in Essex don’t get much better than this.
We specialise in unique, hands-on experiences for kids, which are not only interesting and exciting but also informative and educational. Barleylands sheds light on everyday farming practices as well as rural life both past and present.
If you book your tickets online, you can save yourself 10% on our standard gate prices. Don’t forget children under two can come for free too!
With the money you’ll save, why not pick up a momentum or two at our The Village, which is home to over 30 studios and workshops for a unique shopping experience.
All this and more can be found at Barleylands – the number one attraction for cheap family days out in Essex.
Cheap Family Days out in Essex – What to do at Barleylands
We believe that Barleylands is one of the best educational farming and craft centre attractions in South East England. After all, there’s plenty for the whole family to see and do, including:
- Animal activities – You can either watch our famous farmyard races including the Lamb National and Hilly Billy Goat Steeplechase, or bottle feed and groom these adorable animals yourself for a truly eye-opening experience.
- Outdoor adventures – Both small and big kids can run wild at our outdoor playground areas. Tackle the adventure trail, swing on the monkey bars, whiz along the zip wire, bounce on the huge jumping pillow, or ride around the farm on the back of a tractor.
- Indoor play – Once again, all ages are catered for at our indoor play barn. While the kids enjoy our high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes, you can relax and watch on from the comfort of our Tiptree Cafeteria, which has cakes, snacks, drinks, and free Wi-Fi.
- Animal Barn – Buy bags of food at the farm entrance and head over to the animal barn to get up close and personal with our cheeky goats, noisy sheep, and charismatic pigs. The perfect place to come if its raining outside.
- Snakes Alive Reptile House – Even if you’ve got a fear of snakes, spiders, or scorpions, we are sure that once you see these stunning animals and discover some truly amazing facts, you’ll soon change your mind about them.
- Discovery Barn – Step back in time at our Discovery Barn, which is where it all started for Barleylands Farm Park back in 1984. Explore rural life in times gone by with the help of vintage machinery, farming paraphernalia, and interactive exhibits.
Even if its for a bit of window shopping, be sure to swing by The Village during your visit to Barleylands. Entry is free and you never know what might take your fancy.
Our close proximity to the following towns and cities means you won’t be breaking the bank to get here either:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes