Adventure Days Out Essex
Don’t know where to take your kids on adventure days out? Essex has plenty of options to choose from, but they don’t get much better than Barleylands farm park and craft village.
We are one of South East England’s best destinations for educational farming and artisan shopping. Our extensive farm park has both indoor and outdoor activities along with hands-on experiences. Meanwhile, our craft village is home to over 30 studios selling a wide range of unique products.
So, next time you’re looking for adventure days out, Essex’s Barleylands farm park and craft village will be waiting. If you book online, you could save yourself up to 10 per cent on the price of tickets too.
Adventure Days Out Essex – Barleylands Farm Park
Barleylands farm park is where children can learn outside the classroom. By seeing what farm life is like first-hand, they’re bound to take a great deal away from the experience. Our main farm park activities include:
- Animal antics – Pet farmyard animals, groom goats, and bottle feed lambs
- Outdoor adventures – Children are spoilt for choice with our outdoor go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor fun – While kids play on high slides and cargo nets, you can relax and recharge in our cafe
- Discovery Barn – With vintage machinery, farming paraphernalia, and interactive exhibits, you can learn about traditional rural life
- Animal Barn – If the weather takes a turn for the worse, come inside to see our sheeps, pigs, and goats
- Snakes Alive Reptile House – Home to the region’s largest collection of reptiles
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Gaze in awe at our owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
Adventure Days Out Essex – Barleylands Craft Village
Barleylands craft village is a unique shopping destination where independent retailers not only sell bespoke items and personalised products, they can also teach you the tricks of the trade at our workshop sessions too.
In case you nearly shop till you drop, the craft village also has food and drink options for much needed sustenance. The Tiptree Tea Room offers traditional sandwiches, lunches, and cakes, the Tiptree Pantry has a quick self-service menu, while the Magic Mushroom provides fine-dining.
Last but not least, the Barleylands Farmers Market features fresh produce and local goods at affordable prices on the last Saturday of every month.
Getting to Barleylands
Located close to Billericay in the beautiful Essex countryside, Barleylands is within a stone’s throw of:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
You can also take advantage of our picturesque surroundings for:
- Camping – We’ve got electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop on site.
- Venue hire – Perfect for weddings, birthdays, and corporate events
- Parties – Options to suit all tastes
You will be hard pushed to find better adventure days out in Essex than Barleylands!