Farm Park General Manager
Barleylands is a well-established family attraction in Billericay, Essex and attracts over 500,000 visitors a year.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our management team with a focus on managing the Farm Park & Craft Village.
- Your main duty will be the smooth day to day running of the Farm Park & Craft Village.
- Manage staff on a daily basis, making sure all jobs are undertaken before opening to the public, maintain high standards at all times.
- Managing performance and development of the team to ensure excellent customer service.
- You will need to be able to build strong relationships with the existing team
- The ability to lead by example and inspire and motive your team.
- Have high standards of customer service and presentation.
- Manage Projects & setting up Events within the farm park.
- Duties will include maintaining the livestock, sourcing new animals, maintaining numbers and dealing with general animal welfare.
- Maintain the statuary requirements for the Zoo licence and BPS Cross Compliance.
- Maintain all aspects of the farm park, repairs, maintenance & cleaning.
- Manage Health & Safety and First Aid.
- Formulate marketing strategies and analyse visitor feedback.
- Be creative with new ideas for future events and activities.
- Work closely with other managers and departments.
- Be able to work alternate weekends and be flexible.
- Must be computer literate.
We offer a competitive remuneration package:
Pension, company vehicle, health care insurance and a 3-bedroom house.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Phil Burrows (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm Park Visitor Hosts
(part-time, weekends, holidays, evenings)
Can you bring a smile to people’s faces? The team create a fun, interactive and dynamic experience for our visitors in a range of environments; from outdoor Farm Park locations with our animals, to Indoor play areas and party venues. Creating memorable experiences for each and every customer is our aim and working alongside children and animals is something we positively encourage!
Some of the duties include:
- Delivering great customer service to our guests.
- Participating & Leading activities
- Animal Handling
- Maintain & Deliver the Brands Product/Standards.
- Hosting Play Barn Parties during evenings.
The role of the Visitor Host is, first and foremost, a customer service role. Therefore you will need to be friendly, approachable and confident when dealing with a variety of guests. A positive attitude, with flexibility, mobility and alertness are required to perform in this role.
You will need to have a full drivers licence as you will be required to do some tractor driving at times, training will be given.
Barleylands is a friendly, fun and unique place to work and is seeking customer focused individuals who like nothing more than providing memorable and entertaining experiences for customers. If you have the skills and attributes we are seeking and can be flexible in your hours of work we would love to hear from you.
Send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com