Weekend Caretaker /Worker
Barleylands Craft Village & Farm Park Visitor Attraction.
- The main duties are to undertake the general external upkeep to ensure a clean and
- tidy exterior is maintained.
- Complete a weekly stock take of all cleaning materials and general supplies.
- General mowing, strimming & basic gardening.
- Tractor driving and driving fork trucks, loading/unloading lorries.
- Operating vacuum tanker for emptying waste tanks.
- Repairing fencing, signs etc.
- Setting up and breaking down of events & conferences.
- Must be approachable and able to deal with members of the public.
- A smart appearance is very important.
- Full clean driving licence is required.
- Excellent working conditions and rates of pay for the right individual.
Hours 7am to 6pm with the possibility of extra shifts weekdays and evenings for the right candidate.
Please email a covering letter and CV to Phil Burrows – email@example.com .
The Barleylands Education team facilitate a variety of themed educational days to link with the curriculum, and through fun, interactive activities, give children a better understanding of where their food comes from, the role of farmers in the UK and the part they play to keep food on all our plates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and lively individual to join the team in the New Year, hosting school visits. If you have the skills and attributes we are seeking, we would love to hear from you.
Working hours – term time, between 8.30 and 3.30 according to demand.
- A fun and passionate person who enjoys teaching children
- Happy to lead large groups, imparting knowledge, facilitating hands on activities and checking that learning objectives are being met.
- Experience in working with children at KS1 and KS2 would be an advantage, but not necessary.
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have a flexible work approach and be able to use your own initiative
- Be adaptable to an ever-changing working environment
- Be willing to absorb and relay information regarding Food, Farming and the Countryside
- Hold a full/clean UK Driving Licence
To register an interest in this role please email or send a copy of your CV to Karen Watson, Education Officer, Barleylands Farm, Barleylands Road, Billericay, CM11 2UD or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for the post.