We are offering a fantastic full-time opportunity to work behind the scenes at one of Essex’s Best Family Attractions.
Working as part of our busy Accounts Team no day will be the same with your varied workload involving a range of admin, finance and reception duties.
The ideal candidate will possess some office experience and be confident in dealing with customers and colleagues. You will need to have the ability to work independently, yet also take direction from managers. The candidate must be eager to learn, well presented, have good IT skills, competent numeracy skills, be well organised and able to demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
Please apply by email to email@example.com with the subject title “Accounts Junior Vacancy” and a covering letter telling us why you are interested in the role.
Deadline for Applications is 28th June 2019.
Barleylands is a friendly, fun and unique place to work. Not only are we one of South East England’s most popular educational farming and craft centre attractions, our Farm Park is home to a range of farm animals including sheep, goats, pigs, alpacas, equines, small furries and poultry. We offer daily activities including animal encounters, tractor rides, birds of prey displays and special events such as Toddler Fireworks and a Christmas Grotto. If you have the skills and attributes we are seeking we would like to hear from you.
The main duties of this role are to undertake general day-to-day maintenance, for the external and internal upkeep of the Farm Park. A large element of work will be physical and hands on, ideal for a competent and knowledgeable Handyman or someone with a trade background looking for a new and varied role.
Can carrying out general farm maintenance, from fence repairing and building to day-to-day DIY
- Able to complete basic gardening duties including weeding, mowing and strimming
- Experience with the maintenance of farm machinery such as tractors (desirable)
- Experience painting/decorating (indoor and outdoor)
- Basic woodwork skills to build sets and props for events
- Electrical and plumbing skills to deal and assist with the general demands of the farm (desirable)
- Ability to assist where needed with the movement of our farm animals including sheep, pigs and goats
- Can support our livestock team with general husbandry such as mucking out paddocks
- Ability to complete weekly fire testing, maintain stores, and carry out stock take of all cleaning materials and general supplies
- Experience driving tractors and forklift trucks, loading/unloading lorries (desirable)
- A trade background and/or a competent and knowledgeable Handyman
- Must be approachable and able to deal with members of the public
- Enjoy working outdoors in a busy and fun environment
- A reliable team player with excellent time keeping
- Aptitude to think on your feet and solve problems creatively and independently
- Smart in appearance
- Hands on, flexible with a can-do attitude
- Takes a proactive approach to Health & Safety to ensure a safe working environment
- Holder of a full/clean UK Driving LicenseExcellent working conditions, hours and rates of pay for the right individual.
This role is offered as full time on a temporary contract.
To apply: please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org