The Barleylands Education team facilitate a variety of themed educational days to link with the curriculum, and through fun, interactive activities and cookery workshops, give children a better understanding of where their food comes from, and the importance of a healthy balanced diet.
We are always looking for enthusiastic and lively individuals to join the team, hosting school visits. If you have the skills and attributes we are seeking, we would love to hear from you.
The role is not full time. You would be required term time only on days when schools are visiting, and your working hours would generally be between 8.30 a.m. and 3.30p.m.
This role would suit people returning to teaching or looking for part time work teaching children.
- A fun and passionate person who enjoys teaching children
- Happy to lead large groups, imparting knowledge, facilitating hands on activities and checking that learning objectives are being met.
- Experience in working with EYFS, KS1 and KS2 children would be an advantage, but not necessary.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have a flexible work approach and be able to use your own initiative
- Be adaptable to an ever-changing working environment
- Be willing to absorb and relay information regarding Food, Farming and the Environment
- Hold a full/clean UK Driving Licence
To register an interest in this role, email your CV to Karen Watson, Education Officer, [email protected]
Please include a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for the post.