Barleylands Equestrian Centre Maintenance / Farm Hand
We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright, hands-on individual with a can-do attitude to join our hard-working team at the top Equestrian Centre in the region.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the centre to the highest of standards, keeping it clean and tidy providing our resident and visiting horses with excellent facilities.
Reporting to the Yard Manager, day to day duties will include cleaning and sweeping the yard, Menage Maintenance, Maintaining Fencing and water troughs, Tractor Driving, Hay & Bedding Delivery (on site), supporting with livery services and other ad-hoc maintenance duties.
Applicants must have a current valid Driving License.
A Forklift Ticket will be a bonus but not essential.
We are a well-established business and offer excellent rates of pay, overtime and a company pension. You will be required to work from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday plus additional shifts at weekends, as and when required.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, along with this pre-assessment form to [email protected] by the closing Deadline of 5pm on Sunday 19th September 2021.
Barleylands Farm Park Weekend Volunteers
We are currently looking for volunteers who are able to work from 8am to 5.30pm. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills, knowledge and workplace confidence, particularly when it comes to working with the public. Barleylands is a friendly, fun and unique place to work and if you have the skills and attributes we are seeking, we would love to hear from you.
- Aged 18 years + (unfortunately our insurance requires all staff to be over 18).
- A fun and passionate person who will enjoy engaging and interacting with visitors.
- A team player who wants experience in a busy and fun environment, but who is also able to work independently.
- Aptitude to think on your feet and solve problems creatively
- Takes a proactive approach to Health & Safety to ensure a safe working environment
About the role:
- Some areas of this job will require you to carry out general farm maintenance and gardening duties, therefore it is necessary for you to be physically fit and you must be prepared to be on your feet for most of the day.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers, with a variety of different animals from rabbits to ponies, sheep to ducks!
- The role will also be largely customer-facing. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and would expect you to show the same enthusiasm and courtesy to our visitors.
These positions are a great opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in a successful farm park; working within a fun and diverse team that will help you grow. To be considered you must send your CV and covering letter and complete this pre-assessment form to [email protected]. Due to the high number of applicants, all three documents must be received in order for your application to be considered.
Please note this is not an apprenticeship scheme.
Short-Term or Under-18 Year Old Work Placements
The Farm Park does not offer work placements on a short-term basis or for under 18 year olds but Imperial Birds of Prey can be contacted at [email protected] and they may be able to help. Please contact them directly to see if they have availability for you.