Family Days Out in Essex
There are plenty of places to explore on family days out in Essex. But have you ever been to Barleylands farm park and village?
We are one of South East England’s most popular attractions for learning about farming and buying local handicrafts. Both young and old will be entertained by our activities and informed by the experience.
Therefore, family days out in Essex don’t get much better than Barleylands. Book your day ticket online and you can save yourself 10% too!
Family days out in Essex at Barleylands
There is something for everyone at Barleylands Farm Park. Both indoor and outdoor activities mean you can visit us whatever the weather. It also promises to deliver equal measures of fun and learning. This is what’s on offer:
- Animal activities – Like our ‘Lamb National’ and ‘Hilly Billy Goat’ races as well as bottle feeding and grooming
- Outdoor adventures – From the Jumping Pillow and Go Karts to tractor rides and playgrounds
- Indoor play – High slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes
- Animal Barn – Get up close and personal with some farmyard favourites
- Discovery Barn – Step back in time at this historical museum documenting rural life in years gone by
- Snakes Alive Reptile House – Bursting at the seams with snakes, lizards, spiders, scorpions, and more
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Be amazed at the intelligence of our beautiful birds of prey and owls
Visit the Village to browse for bespoke items, watch crafters at work, and pick up a few new skills along the way.
We also have plenty of food and drink options for when you need to refuel. Tiptree tearooms is the idea spot for lunch or a sweet treat, while the Magic Mushroom plays host to fine dining experiences.
Where is Barleylands?
You can find Barleylands in the heart of the Essex countryside near Billericay. However, we’re also extremely close to other nearby towns and cities including:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our idyllic location means that along with the farm park and village, the following facilities are also available:
- Camping – For added convenience and comfort, we have electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop
- Venue hire – Weddings, birthdays, and corporate events can book our function rooms, studios, stables, and showground
- Parties – Give your children a party they won’t forget. Options include Farmyard Frolics, Snakes Alive, Play, and Pizza Parties.
On top of that, Barleylands is an excellent destination for schools with guided or unguided tours, themed days, and our hatching programme.
To discover more, visit our Contact Us page and speak with a member of the team. We look forward to seeing you soon!