Things for kids in Essex don’t get much better than Barleylands farm park and craft village. With animal activities and outdoor adventures, we are one of South East England’s most popular attractions for the whole family as well.
Barleylands is a place where children are given the opportunity to learn outside the classroom through interactive, hands-on experiences.
What’s more, our craft village is home to over 30 studios and workshops specialising in traditional crafts, bespoke items, and personalised gifts. Therefore, adults are bound to have a great time too.
So, when it comes to things for kids in Essex, Barleylands farm park and craft village has got it all. Book your tickets online and you could save yourself up to 10 per cent.
Things for kids in Essex – Barleylands farm park
Our farm park is bursting at the seams with activities and attractions for children. Here’s a quick rundown so you can start planning your day here:
- Animal activities – Join one of our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions to pet your farmyard friends, groom goats, or bottle feed lambs
- Outdoor activities – There’s go-karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment for children to choose from
- Indoor play – Watch your kids from our cafe as they play on high slides, cargo nets, poles and chicanes
- Discovery Barn – Explore traditional rural life with vintage tractors, farming paraphernalia, and interactive displays
- Animal Barn – Even if its wet and cold outside, you can still meet our inquisitive goats, noisy sheep, and charismatic pigs indoors
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon!
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Our handlers will teach you about our majestic owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
Things for kids in Essex – Upcoming events
Even though you can visit Barleylands throughout the year, you might be interested in the following kid-friendly events coming up soon:
- Step into Spring (30th March – 15th April 2018) – Featuring a whole host of events including a giant Easter egg hunt and meeting the Easter bunny.
- Bank Holiday Fun (5th May – 7th May 2018) – Even if the April showers haven’t disappeared yet, you can still make the most of our indoor exhibits and experiences.
- May Half Term (26th May – 3rd June 2018) – We’ll be hosting some special activities as well as our usual fun on the farm.
- Spooky Nights (26th October – 27th October 2018) – Expect thrills, spills and chills. Held after dark, these two evenings are suitable for both tots and teens.
- Toddler Fireworks – (2nd November – 4th November 2018) – Toddlers can still enjoy the wonders of Bonfire Night with our low-noise fireworks.
Things for kids in Essex – visiting Barleylands
Our picturesque location in the Essex countryside is within easy reach of:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
For more information about our farm park or upcoming events, don’t hesitate to contact Barleylands today.