Fun days out in Essex
Looking for fun days out in Essex? The whole family are guaranteed a great time at Barleylands farm park and craft village, one of South East England’s most popular educational farming and artisan shopping destinations.
Located just outside Billericay, Barleylands specialises in offering unforgettable, hands-on experiences for both young and old. Children are given the opportunity to learn ‘outside the classroom’, while adults can find out what modern-day farming is really like.
In addition to our fun yet informative farm park, the Barleylands craft village sells bespoke gifts and traditional crafts made by local traders. There’s various food and drink options too.
Fun days out in Essex don’t get much better than Barleylands. Book your tickets online and you can save yourself 10 per cent too!
More about Barleylands farm park
Barleylands farm park places equal emphasis on informing and entertaining. Even though kids should have fun outside of school, it’s important to keep their minds occupied with stimulating experiences and activities, which can include the following:
- Animal activities – At our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions, kids can pet their farmyard friends, groom goats, and bottle feed lambs
- Outdoor adventures – Children will never get bored with our outdoor go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor play – Watch your kids from the comfort of our cafe while they play on high slides and cargo nets
- Discovery Barn – Our vintage machinery, farming paraphernalia, and interactive exhibits tell stories of traditional rural life
- Animal Barn – Even if its raining outside, you can still meet our inquisitive goats, noisy sheep, and charismatic pigs
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – NEW for 2020! Home to fruit bats skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon.
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Our handlers will teach you about the majestic flight of owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
More about Barleylands craft village
Shop till you drop at ‘The Village’ – a unique destination with over 30 studios and workshops specialising in traditional crafts, bespoke items, personalised gifts, and more.
Here, you’ll also find food and drink options to suit all tastes. The Tiptree Tea Room sells traditional sandwiches, lunches, and cakes, the Tiptree Pantry features a quick self-service menu, while the Magic Mushroom provides fine-dining.
On the last Saturday of every month, the village is also home to Barleylands Farmers Market, where you can buy the freshest produce and local goods at affordable prices.
Where to find Barleylands farm park and craft village
Our convenient location near Billericay is extremely close to the following towns and cities:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
These beautiful surroundings are not only perfect for fun days out in Essex, but also the following:
- Camping – We can accommodate tents, caravans, and motorhomes with electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop on site.
- Venue hire – Our function rooms, studios, and showground can be used for weddings, birthdays, and corporate events.
- Parties – We’ve got party options for all ages.