Fun for kids in Essex
Looking for fun days out for kids in Essex? At Barleylands Farm Park and Craft Village, we aim to offer memorable, hands-on experiences for the whole family. As one of South East England’s most popular attractions for educational farming and craft shopping, Barleylands is great fun for kids in Essex. Located just outside of Billericay, we’re within easy reach of major towns and cities too.
We aim to offer memorable, hands-on experiences for the whole family. Both young and old will get the chance to learn about their favourite animals and find out what everyday farming involves.
Barleylands is also home to ‘The Village’, a unique shopping destination where local traders sell everything from personalised gifts to bespoke handicrafts. You can choose from multiple food and drink options too.
So, regardless of whether its the weekend, half-term, or the summer holidays, fun for kids in Essex can be found at Barleylands. Book online to save 10 per cent on day tickets.
Fun for kids at Barleylands farm park
Barleylands farm park was established to help kids learn outside of the classroom in a fun and enjoyable environment. Here’s what children can get up to:
- Animal activities – Our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions give kids the chance to groom goats and bottle feed lambs
- Outdoor activities – Explore the great outdoors with adventure trails, play equipment, go karts, and mini tractors
- Indoor activities – We’ve got high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes for children to enjoy
- Discovery Barn – A look at farming from years gone by with interactive exhibits and vintage machinery
- Animal Barn – When its too wet or cold outside, you can still see goats, sheep, and pigs inside our Animal Barn
- Nocturnal and Exotics House– NEW for 2020! Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles and more coming soon.
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Watch the beautiful and graceful flight of owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
Fun for adults at Barleylands craft village
With over 30 studios and shops to choose from, you’re bound to find some goodies at the Barleylands craft village. But along with purchasing new clothing, beauty products, or home wares, you can also learn new skills at a class or workshop.
Plenty of refreshments are available as well. The Tiptree Tea Room and Tiptree Pantry have both takeaway and table service options, while the Magic Mushroom offers fine dining featuring British and Mediterranean cuisine.
On the last Saturday of every month, we’ve got the Barleylands Farmers Market too, where you can buy fresh produce and local goods at great prices.
Getting here is quick and easy from the following locations:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our beautiful surroundings are also perfect for:
- Camping – We can accommodate tents, caravans, and motorhomes with our toilets, showers, and farm shop on site
- Venue hire – Our studios, showground, and function rooms can be used for weddings, birthdays, and corporate functions
- Parties – We have party options for all ages and occasions