Half-term Activities Essex
Already on the hunt for half-term activities? Essex has plenty of things to do and attractions to visit, but have you ever heard of Barleylands farm park and craft village?
Located in the picturesque Essex countryside, Barleylands is one of South East England’s most popular attractions for learning about farming and buying local handicrafts. It’s not only a great deal of fun but also interesting and informative for the whole family.
Don’t fret about half-term activities and make plans to visit Barleylands. You can even save yourself 10 per cent on tickets by booking online today.
The reason why families keep coming back to Barleylands Farm Park is because it offers equal amounts of entertainment and education. Both young and old will have an enjoyable time and learn a thing or two as well. Here’s what you can expect:
- Animal activities – Join in with our ‘Animal Antic’ sessions, which includes petting small animals, grooming goats, and bottle feeding lambs
- Outdoor adventures – There’s plenty to keep everyone amused outside at Barleylands, such as go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor play – Kids are spoilt for choice with everything from high slides to cargo nets, while parents can join in or relax in the cafe
- Discovery Barn – Visitors can discover what rural life was like in times gone by and learn more about the journey from field to fork
- Animal Barn – You might see new arrivals being born or adorable baby animals playing – there’s always something happening
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – New for 2020! Home to Fruits Bats, Skunk, Snakes, Turtles, Lizards and more coming soon.
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Whether you are interested in owls, hawks, falcons or vultures, our knowledgeable team are on hand to share their passion
Barleylands Craft Village is home to over 30 studios and offers a unique shopping experience. From traditional crafts and bespoke items to beauty, hair, clothing, and home, there is something for everyone.
You’ll also find various food and drink options located in the heart of The Village. The stylish Tiptree Tea Room offers traditional sandwiches, cooked lunches and cakes, while the child-friendly Tiptree Pantry has a quick self-service menu.
Finally, on the last Saturday of every month, you can buy fresh produce and support local traders at the Barleylands Farmers Market.
Where is Barleylands?
Thanks to Barleylands’ location near Billericay, Essex, we are within short driving distance of the following towns and cities:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our stunning surroundings also allows us to offer the following:
- Camping facilities – Tents, caravans, and motorhomes can enjoy electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop on site.
- Venue hire – Weddings, birthdays, and corporate events can make use of our function rooms, studios, stables, and showground.
- Parties – We can cater for all ages and interests with our various party options.
So remember to visit Barleylands in Essex for half-term activities with a difference.