Kids Activities Essex
On the lookout for kids activities in Essex? We have plenty of attractions and experiences to choose here at Barleylands farm park and craft village.
Located close to Billericay, we are one of South East England’s most popular educational farming and craft centre destinations. Fun for the whole family, Barleylands gives children and adults the chance to learn about their favourite animals and experience everyday farming practices.
Alongside the farm park, our craft village is home to numerous local traders who create bespoke gifts, personalised items, and everything in-between. For some much needed sustenance, we’ve got plenty of food and drink options too.
So, where can you find the region’s best kids activities? Essex-based Barleylands has the answer. Book online to save yourself 10 per cent on day tickets
Barleylands Farm Park
With a mix of education and entertainment, Barleylands farm park will keep the minds of young children occupied and stimulated. However, adults are guaranteed an enjoyable and interesting time too. Here’s what to expect:
- Animal fun – Bottle feed lambs and groom friendly goats at one of our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions
- Outdoor activities – We’ve got go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment for children to enjoy
- Indoor play – While you relax in the cafe, your kids can play on the high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes
- Discovery Barn – An insight into traditional rural life with vintage tractors, farming paraphernalia, and interactive displays
- Animal Barn – Whatever the weather, you can get up close and personal with your farmyard favourites
- Nocturnal and Exotica House – Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon!
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Watch in awe as owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures fly overhead
Barleylands craft village
Barleylands craft visit is home to over 30 studios and shops, each of which sells truly unique items. Products span art and photography, beauty and hair, clothing and hats, home and garden, and gifts and presents.
When you need something to eat or drink, we’ve got a few great options. The Tiptree Tea Room and Tiptree Pantry offers takeaway as well as a full table service, while the Magic Mushroom restaurant serves British and Mediterranean cuisine.
Last but not least, the Barleylands Farmers Market takes place on the last Saturday of the month, offering you the chance to buy fresh produce and local goods at affordable prices.
Our location near Billericay means that we’re within easy reach of the following towns and cities:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our idyllic surroundings are also perfect for:
- Camping – We’ve got electric hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop for tents, caravans, and motorhomes.
- Venue hire – Our studios, showground, and function rooms can be used for weddings, birthdays, and corporate events.
- Parties – All ages and occasions are welcome.
So, if you’re struggling to find kids activities, Essex-based Barleylands could be your next port of call.