Kids Days Out Essex
Don’t know where to go for kids days out? Essex has a number of great options to choose from, including Barleylands farm park and craft village.
Located in the heart of the Essex countryside near Billericay, this is one of the region’s most popular educational farming and craft centre attractions. Not only will the whole family have a thoroughly enjoyable time, they’re bound to learn lots too!
So, consider taking a trip to Barleylands for a memorable kids day out. If you book your day tickets online, you’ll also save 10%.
What to expect from Barleylands kids days out Essex
Although Barleylands Farm Park makes for great entertainment, its also an educational experience. Want want our visitors to have fun but also learn something. Take a look at the activities and attractions we have on offer:
- Animal activities – Such as the ‘Lamb National’ and ‘Hilly Billy Goat’ races, as well as bottle feeding and grooming
- Outdoor adventures – Take your pick from the Jumping Pillow, Go Karts, tractor rides, two playgrounds, and mini toddler houses
- Indoor play – From high slides and cargo nets to poles and chicanes
- Discovery Barn – A look back at rural life in years gone by at this museum
- Animal Barn – Whatever the weather, you’ll be able to get up and close personal with our farmyard friends
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon.
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Discover more about birds of prey and owls at this informative and engaging experience
With over 30 studios and workshops, Barleylands Craft Village is a superb shopping experience with plenty of bespoke and personalised items for sale. You can also see crafters in action and learn some tricks of the trade.
When you need to refuel, head to Tiptree tearooms for a spot of lunch or some sweet treats. You may even want to make a reservation at the Magic Mushroom for fine dining with a difference.
On top of that, the Barleylands Farmers Market sets up shop on the last Saturday of every month. Buy fresh produce at great prices while supporting local traders.
Where is Barleylands?
We are located in Barleylands near Billericay, Essex. Therefore, its extremely close to the following towns and cities:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our picturesque location in the Essex countryside also enables us to offer the following:
- Camping facilities – Electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop are available for tents, caravans, and motorhomes
- Venue hire – Weddings, birthdays, and corporate events can make use of our function rooms, studios, stables, and showground
- Parties – Kids won’t forget our parties in a hurry, which include Farmyard Frolics, Snakes Alive, Play, and Pizza Parties.
School groups are also catered for at Barleylands. We offer guided visits, themed days, and a hatching programme.
To find out more, visit our Contact Us page and get in touch with an appropriate member of the team.