Following on from the government announcements, from the 12th of April we will re-open the Farm Park and you will be able to enjoy all of the following attractions:
- Outdoor adventure play
- Bouncy pillow
- Tractor and trailer rides
- Birds of Prey
- Animal Barn
- Barrel rides (weekends and school holidays only)
Throughout April, we are also holding an Easter Egg Trail and have lots of new arrivals for you to meet in our Country Cabin, including baby bunnies, dinky ducklings and cute chicks!
The Village will also re-open for relaxed shopping and we will see the return of the Tiptree Bus.
Visiting Barleylands will be a bit different at this time so to make your visit fun and enjoyable, please take a moment to read the following guidelines.
All the measures that we have taken are to keep everyone safe and healthy whilst being able to enjoy our corner of the countryside. We are proud to be awarded VisitEngland’s “We’re Good To Go” badge. This is the official mark to demonstrate that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines to ensure all of our visitors have a fun, safe and healthy day out at Barleylands.
- All bookings must be made online in advance, in order to strictly limit the number of people who are on site at any given time.
- You will be required to scan our NHS Test and Trace QR Code at Reception or complete our contact details form before entering the Farm Park.
- Annual Pass Holders must book an arrival time slot to aid with visitor flow and social distancing. Members will need to enter their membership numbers upon booking an arrival slot.
- Face coverings are required in any indoor areas of the Farm Park, such as the kiosk and toilets, unless you are exempt.
- Our outdoor play areas and Bouncy Pillow will be staffed so that we can limit the numbers of people using the areas in order to follow social distancing guidelines. They will also be regularly sanitised at intervals during the day; so staff may need to close the equipment whilst this is carried out. PLEASE BRING SOCKS FOR THE BOUNCY PILLOW.
- The Barleylands Speedway is sanitised at regular intervals throughout the day.
- There is a one-way system in operation around the farm to help with visitor flow and to ensure social distancing.
- There are floor markings and reminder signs around the site to help with social distancing. Please maintain at least a 2m distance between yourself or your family and others.
- There are protective screens at reception to safeguard visitors and staff.
- Tractor and trailer rides will be operating at a limited capacity so that social distancing can take place. And the seating will be wiped down after each ride.
- A one-way route will operate through the Discovery Centre museum and around the Nocturnals and Exotics House and Birds of Prey area. This will aid visitor flow and help with social distancing.
- There are hand washing stations around the farm, and extra hand sanitising points have been installed.
- Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy outside. Picnic tables have been set out with social distancing in mind, so please do not move them.
- Tiptree Tearoom is offering a takeaway menu from their café, as well as drinks and snacks from its big red bus at Barleylands.
- Toilets and hand washing facilities will be open but we ask for your consideration when using these and request that you respect social distancing guidelines. These facilities will be cleaned and sanitised at regular intervals during the day.
We look forward to seeing you soon!