Looking for places to go with kids in Essex? What about Barleylands farm park and craft village, where fun activities meet educational entertainment.
We give children the opportunity to learn outside the classroom by not only showing them the many facets of everyday farming, but also offering the chance to feed and handle the animals themselves.
Barleylands also has indoor and outdoor play areas for energetic downtime, while our artisan shopping destination ‘The Village’ is where the whole family can buy something unique to take home.
Places to go with kids in Essex don’t get much better than Barleylands farm park and craft village.
Places to go with kids in Essex – Barleylands farm park
One thing’s for certain at Barleylands farm park – you won’t run out of things to see and do. We’ve got no end of attractions and activities on offer to keep kids entertained and engaged throughout the day.
- Animal activities – Our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions give kids the chance to groom goats and bottle feed lambs
- Outdoor adventures – Children will never get bored with our outdoor go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor activities – We’ve got high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes for children to enjoy
- Discovery Barn – Our vintage machinery, farming paraphernalia, and interactive exhibits tell stories of traditional rural life
- Animal Barn – When its too wet or cold outside, you can still see goats, sheep, and pigs inside our Animal Barn
- Snakes Alive Reptile House – Home to a range of snakes, lizards, tortoises, amphibians, spiders, and scorpions
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Watch the beautiful flight of owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
Places to go with kids in Essex – Barleylands parties
Barleylands is also the perfect location for your children’s’ next birthday party or another special event. Come here for:
- Farmyard Frolics Party – Our popular Farmyard Frolics Parties are ideal for young animal lovers. We’ll arrange everything – just bring the birthday cake and the children!
- Snakes Alive Party – Along with indoor and outdoor play, kids can enjoy a one-hour session where they’ll get hands on with a selection of ten reptiles.
- Play Party – Ideal for larger groups, you’ll get a dedicated member of staff, exclusive use of the indoor play barn, and access to our bouncy pillow on warmer evening.
- Pizza Party – After making the dough and adding toppings to their delicious pizzas, kids get a special guided tour of the farm meeting the animals.
Barleylands – Useful information
If you need to refuel on a day out to Barleylands, we’ve got plenty of food and drink options to choose from:
- Tiptree Tearoom – Tasty selection of sandwiches, jacket potatoes, cooked lunches and homemade cakes
- Tiptree Pantry – Perfect for when you need a quick bite to eat
Our close proximity to the following towns and cities in Essex means kids won’t constantly be asking ‘are we nearly there yet?’ either:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes