School Visits Essex
Are you struggling to find educational attractions and activities for school visits? Essex-based Barleylands farm park could be the ideal solution.
Located near Billericay in the heart of the Essex countryside, Barleylands farm park puts learning at the forefront of school visits. At the same time, kids of all ages are bound to have a great deal of fun by getting up close and personal with our adorable farmyard animals.
We have a range of options available to schools depending on their circumstances. These include guided and unguided visits, themed days, and a hatching programme.
To find out more, please contact Karen Watson on 01268 290232 or email email@example.com.
Guided school visits Essex at Barleylands farm park
Cross curricular days at Barleylands are facilitated by our award-winning education team, all of which hold enhanced DBS certificates. For added peace of mind, we also hold a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge.
Here are just some of our guided visit options:
- Field to Fork Day (EYFS, KS1, 2, 3 & 4) – Meet and feed animals, explore farming methods, take a tractor ride around Barleylands, and cook a healthy snack.
- Nature Detective and Bird Spotters Day (EYFS, KS1 and KS2) – Visit our free flight bird aviary and make a bird feeder to take back to school.
- Healthy Lunchbox Days (EYFS, KS1, KS2 all ages) – Discover the origin of food and make a healthy snack from scratch.
- Little Red Hen Days (EYFS) – Look at growing wheat, take a tractor and trailer ride around the farm, and grind some wheat in our Discovery Barn.
- Hungry Caterpillar Days (EYFS & KS1) – Learn about the different foods grown on the farm and make a caterpillar from fruit and vegetables.
Discover even more options on our guided visits page.
Unguided school visits Essex at Barleylands farm park
Feel free to visit Barleylands with complete freedom and flexibility on an unguided trip. Registered groups with a minimum of 15 paying visitors can enjoy a reduced entry from £8 per person (plus VAT) yet still take advantage of our daily park activities as well as indoor and outdoor play facilities.
For just £1 extra per child, you can also benefit from a base for the day, free animal feed, your very own tractor and trailer ride as well as a free child Barleylands pass for every paying child.
Please be aware that unguided group visits during school holidays and weekends incur a higher charge per person. More information can be found here.
What you need to know about school visits Essex at Barleylands
To discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact our education offer Karen Watson on 01268 290232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be able to answer all of your questions and recommend the best option for your class or school.
Barleylands is an award-winning attraction and one of South East England’s most popular educational farming facilities. We want to extend a child’s development outside of the classroom with fun yet practical activities and experiences.