It’s never too early to start planning summer holiday activities. Essex has certainly got its fair share of things to see and do, but have you ever considered visiting Barleylands farm park and craft village?
Located just outside of Billericay, this educational farming and artisan shopping destination is perfect for the whole family. Kids get to learn outside of the classroom, while adults can pick up bespoke gifts and personalised products.
So, get ready for the school holidays now by booking tickets for Barleylands farm park and craft village today.
Summer holiday activities – Essex’s Barleylands farm park
Even though the summer holidays are a chance for kids to forget about school, we believe their minds should still be stimulated through enjoyable yet informative experiences. Therefore, we’ve created the following activities:
- Animal fun – Kids are given the chance to groom goats and bottle feed lambs at our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions
- Outdoor adventures – Our go-karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment ensures children keep active
- Indoor play – Kids can stay out of the sun by playing on our high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes.
- Discovery Barn – Explore traditional rural life through vintage machinery, farming paraphernalia, and interactive exhibits
- Animal Barn – Home to our inquisitive goats, noisy sheep, and charismatic pigs
- Nocturnal and Exotics House– Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon!
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – A rare chance to see owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures
Summer holiday activities – Essex’s Barleylands craft village
When kids need a break from the farm park, come to our unique craft village, which is home to over 30 studios and workshops containing art and photography, beauty and hair, clothing and hats, as well as gifts and presents.
Our food and drink options are equally as varied. Choose from the Tiptree Tearoom and Tiptree Pantry, The Magic Mushroom, The Bon Bon Jar, or Simply Cakes For You.
For even more local produce at affordable prices, don’t miss Barleylands Farmers Market either, which takes place on the last Saturday of every month.
Visiting Barleylands for summer holiday activities Essex
No matter where you’re from in Essex, there is a good chance Barleylands won’t be too far away. Here’s how long it takes to get here:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
In addition to our farm park and craft village, we can also cater for the following during the summer holidays:
- Camping – If you’re coming from further afield, take advantage of our electric hook-ups, toilets, showers, and farm shop. We’ve got room for motorhomes, caravans, and tents.
- Events – With our function rooms, studios, and a showground, there’s no end of possibilities at Barleylands, particularly for weddings and corporate events.
- Birthdays – Options include Farmyard Frolics, Snakes Alive, Play Parties, and Pizza Parties to suit all tastes.
To find out more, get in touch with one of the team today.