Looking for things to do in Chelmsford? What about Barleylands farm park and craft village? Located in the heart of the beautiful Essex countryside, we are one of South East England’s best educational farming and craft shopping destinations.
We want the whole family to enjoy themselves and learn a thing or two. Our hands-on experiences enable kids to learn outside of the classroom and teach adults what everyday farming is really like.
The Barleylands craft village is also the perfect place to pick up a few momentum’s from the day, such as bespoke personalised items and local handicrafts. There’s even food and drink options for much needed refreshments.
So, if you’re on the hunt for things to do in Chelmsford, look no further than Barleylands. Book online today and you’ll save yourself 10 per cent on the price of day tickets.
Things to do at Barleylands farm park
Barleylands farm park has a wide range of activities, which are not only great fun, but also interesting and informative. Here’s what you can do:
- Animal fun – Children can pet small animals, groom goats, and bottle feed lambs at our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions
- Outdoor fun – Choose from go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor fun – Relax in the cafe while kids enjoy high slides, cargo nets, poles, and chicanes
- Discovery Barn – Learn more about farming from a bygone era with vintage machinery and interactive displays
- Animal Barn – Whatever the weather, you can interact with our inquisitive goats, loud sheep, and cute pigs
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – Home to fruit bats, skunk, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon!
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – See owls, hawks, falcons, and vultures like you never have before
What to buy at Barleylands craft village
Barleylands craft village features over 30 studios selling a wide variety of products, such as art and photography, beauty and hair, home and garden, and clothing and hats. If you want to learn something new, we’ve got plenty of classes and workshops to choose from as well.
When its time to eat or have a drink, head to the Tiptree Tea Room or Tiptree Pantry for both takeaway and table service options. The Magic Mushroom restaurant also has fine dining cuisine for you to sample.
Finally, the Barleylands Farmers Market, which takes place on the last Saturday of every month, is where you can buy fresh produce and local goods at affordable prices.
Getting to Barleylands
Our location close to Billericay is just 25 minutes from Chelmsford. This means we’re really close to other towns and cities in Essex, such as:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
You can also come to Barleylands for
- Camping – We have toilets, showers, and a farm shop for tents, caravans, and motorhomes
- Venue hire – Our facilities are ideal for weddings, birthdays, and corporate functions
- Parties – All ages and events are welcome
Things to do in Chelmsford don’t get much better than Barleylands.