Despite the fact there are plenty of things to do in Essex, few come close to the experience afforded by Barleylands. This educational yet entertaining attraction has so much to offer, including a farm park bursting at the seams with adorable animals, and ‘The Village’ – an artisan shopping destination featuring craft studios and workshops.
Therefore, Barleylands farm park and craft village is great fun for both young and old, not just on the weekend, but also during half-term and the school holidays. It will keep the inquisitive minds of children ticking over and allow families to spend some quality time with one another.
What’s more, if you decide to book day tickets online, you can save yourself 10 per cent. So, what are you waiting for? Stop searching for things to do in Essex and start making plans to visit Barleylands.
By striking the right balance between education and entertainment, Barleylands Farm Park has got to be one of the best family attractions in Essex. Here’s a sneak peak of what we’ve got in store:
- Animal activities – You can pet small animals, groom goats, and bottle feed lambs at our ‘Animal Antics’ sessions
- Outdoor adventures – Take advantage of the great outdoors with go karts, mini tractors, adventure trails, and play equipment
- Indoor play – Parents can either join in or watch from the comforts of the café while kids enjoy high slides, cargo nets, poles and chicanes.
- Discovery Barn – Home to a wonderful display of vintage machinery including terrific tractors, farming paraphernalia, and even some interactive exhibits
- Animal Barn – Get up close and personal with our adorable animals whatever the weather
- Nocturnal and Exotics House – Home to fruit bats, skunks, snakes, turtles, lizards and more coming soon!
- Imperial Bird of Prey Academy – Our passionate handlers will teach you all about owls, hawks, falcons and vultures.
The Barleylands Craft Village is a shopping experience with a difference, featuring over 30 boutique studios. Categories include traditional crafts, bespoke items, personalised gifts, beauty products, and more.
You’ll never go hungry or thirsty at the Village either. The Tiptree Tea Room sells traditional sandwiches, lunches and cakes, while the child-friendly Tiptree Pantry is perfect for a quick bite to eat.
Also, on the last Saturday of every month, local traders set up shop at the Barleylands Farmers Market to sell the freshest produce Essex has to offer.
Where is Barleylands?
Our location near Billericay, Essex means we are within easy reach of the following towns and cities:
- Basildon – 10 minutes
- Brentwood – 15 minutes
- Chelmsford – 25 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea – 25 minutes
- Romford – 25 minutes
Our idyllic surroundings also play host to:
- Camping facilities – Camp in comfort with electrical hook-ups, toilets, showers, and a farm shop.
- Venue hire – Our function rooms, studios, and showground is perfect for weddings, birthdays, and corporate events.
- Parties – We’ve got party options for all ages and occasions.
Of all the things to do in Essex, they don’t get much better than Barleylands.