Arena Hire Terms of Booking
Facilities available are our 80x80m arena with either full course of show jumps (extra scary fillers, water trays etc available on request) or long or short arena dressage boards, 20x60m outdoor arena with/without jumps and 25x43m Indoor Arena with/without jumps. We also have a classroom with smartboard available on request.
ALL PERSONS ATTENDING SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE AGREED THAT BARLEYLANDS ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, ACCIDENT, INJURY, DAMAGE OR THEFT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND SHALL ABIDE BY BARLEYLANDS RULES AS DISPLAYED ON THE PREMISES AND IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
• Please do not come if you feel unwell
• Same households only to share transportation
• Maximum 6 people (including grooms/on foot spectators) per hire
• Only enter the jumps or dressage arena through the gate directly into the car park rather than through the warm-up to reduce cross-contamination with liveries
• Toilets and other parts of the yard are off-limits to visitors at this time – you must only enter the car park and arena that has been hired whilst on the premises.
- You ride at your own risk. It is for the hirer to satisfy themselves that such facilities or equipment are of an acceptable safety standard prior to use.
- Anyone teaching, schooling, training horses or providing any service in a professional capacity on the premises must be fully insured with public liability for the services they provide and first aid qualified – AND COVID19 RISK ASSESSMENT evidence of documents to be supplied to email@example.com prior to any session.
- Individual horse owners must have personal third-party liability cover for any horse brought onto the premises and a copy must be made available on request.
- Hard hats to current British Standards must be worn and correctly fastened at all times whilst riding, as must correct footwear when riding or handling horses.
- Any person or animal behaving dangerously may be asked to leave the premises. Excessive use of whips, spurs, rough riding, foul language, or any welfare issue will not be tolerated, and you will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Visiting horses may only be ridden in the arena that has been hired – no riding on the tracks, fields etc.
- All dogs must be kept under control on leads and cleaned up after.
- The car park and arenas must be poo-picked into the bucket provided before leaving, if you wish to clear out the back of your lorry please dispose of any muck into one of the potato boxes around the edge of the car park.
- No littering – use the bins provided.
Smoking is prohibited in the arenas and near the stable yards, please use the main car park and dispose of any litter appropriately.
- Lunging and/or free schooling is not permitted on the premises unless specifically hired for this purpose which must be made clear at the time of booking.
- Please leave the show jump course as it is found i.e. if fences or poles are moved, return them to the original place once finished.
- All breakages must be paid for.
- Under 18’s to be supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES
Payment to be made in full at the time of booking.
Bookings may be rearranged in the event of very extreme weather.