WE’RE GOOD TO GO!
Updated 28th July
We are proud to be awarded VisitEngland’s “We’re Good To Go” badge. This is the official mark to demonstrate that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines to ensure all of our visitors have a fun, safe and healthy day out at Barleylands.
Following on from the government announcements, and with the support of the Local Authority, we have re-opened the:
- Outdoor adventure play
- Bouncy Pillow
- Tractor and trailer rides
- Birds of Prey
- Discovery Centre
- Nocturnals and Exotics House
- Animal Barn and feeding the animals
NEW for 2020 is our goat agility (often unpredictable!), barrel rides around the farm and new Farm Trails, quizzes and games. We also have a huge picnic field perfect for catching up with friends and family at a social distance.
Indoor soft play areas remain closed as per government legislation.
Visiting Barleylands will be a bit different at this time so to make your visit fun and enjoyable, please take a moment to read the following guidelines.
All the measures that we have taken are to keep everyone safe and healthy whilst being able to enjoy our corner of the countryside.
- All bookings must be made online in advance, in order to strictly limit the number of people who are on site at any given time.
- Annual Pass Holders must book an arrival time slot to aid with visitor flow and social distancing. Members will need to enter their membership numbers upon booking an arrival slot.
- Our outdoor play areas and Bouncy Pillow will be staffed so that we can limit the numbers of people using the areas in order to follow social distancing guidelines. They will also be regularly sanitised at intervals during the day; so staff may need to close the equipment whilst this is carried out. PLEASE BRING SOCKS FOR THE BOUNCY PILLOW.
- The Barleylands Speedway is sanitised at regular intervals throughout the day.
- There is a one-way system in operation around the farm to help with visitor flow and to ensure social distancing.
- There are floor markings and reminder signs around the site to help with social distancing.
- There are protective screens at reception to safeguard visitors and staff.
- Staff will be wearing PPE for the safety of themselves and customers.
- Tractor and trailer rides will be operating at a limited capacity so that social distancing can take place. And the seating will be wiped down after each ride.
- A one-way route will operate through the Discovery Centre museum and around the Nocturnals and Exotics House and Birds of Prey area. This will aid visitor flow and help with social distancing.
- There are hand washing stations around the farm, and extra hand sanitising points have been installed.
- Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy. Picnic tables have been set out with social distancing in mind, so please do not move them.
- Tiptree Tearoom is offering table service and a takeaway menu from their café, as well as drinks and snacks from its big red bus at Barleylands.
- Toilets and hand washing facilities will be open but we ask for your consideration when using these and request that you respect social distancing guidelines. These facilities will be cleaned and sanitised at regular intervals during the day.
- As we are not permitted to open some of the indoor areas there is currently little shelter available on the farm so please come prepared for the weather.
Government guidelines are being updated regularly so we will open the indoor areas when it is safe to do so. Please follow our social media and website updates for as and when other attractions at the farm can open.
For Farm Park Fun, click here: Farm Park Tickets
For information on our Village Craft, click here: Discover the Village
What’s going on today? Find out more.
We look forward to seeing you soon!